Residential Pest Control in Willows, CA
The weather is always nice in Willows, which makes it a perfect place for pests to thrive. Given the town's proximity to the Mendocino National Forest, most residents are probably used to seeing all types of wildlife outdoors, but no one wants critters crashing on their property. Many of the insects, arachnids and other varmints in the region can pose a threat to humans, so it's best to call a professional right away if you have pest problems in Willows.
Pest Control Services
Sorenson Pest has provided unparalleled pest control services in Glenn County and surrounding areas for 35 years. In other words, we have decades of experience fighting critters that are native to the region. Here are a few of the pests that we specialize in controlling:
- Ants - They may look harmless, but some ants have a vicious bite that can trigger severe allergic reactions. Others feed on wood, so they can literally eat you out of house and home.
- Rodents - In addition to spreading diseases and other parasites, rodents can chew through walls and electrical wires, so they may pose a serious fire hazard.
- Cockroaches - These seemingly indestructible insects come in many varieties. Aside from spreading bacteria, cockroaches can exacerbate asthma symptoms.
- Bees - Honeybees are vital to our ecosystem, yet they still pack a venomous sting. Never approach any insect that has a stinger.
- Spiders - Spiders also play an important role in the environment by feeding on other pests; however, there are some species that can kill humans with a single bite, so they must be handled by a trained professional.
Integrated Pest Management
At Sorenson Pest, we use a technique called Integrated Pest Management, or IPM. This approach was originally developed by agriculturalists to help farmers get rid of pests while keeping crops safe for consumption. IPM prioritizes human safety above all else by limiting the use of pesticides. If chemicals must be used, only products that are proven to be harmless to people and pets are permitted. IPM has three main components: identification, prevention, and control.
Not all bugs are pests, so there's never a need to spray your entire yard with pesticides. An IPM expert can distinguish between harmless and harmful species to recommend the least intrusive course of action.
Prevention is always easier than eradication, so IPM experts always look for ways to limit access points that pests can exploit. This may entail making structural improvements to your home or modifying your landscaping.
In IPM, traps and non-toxic chemicals are chosen to target specific pests. Several applications may be necessary, but once a problem is eliminated, the preventative measures taken will ensure that re-infestation doesn't occur.
Sorenson Provides Professional Pest Control
If you're worried about pests on your property, call Sorenson Pest today to set up a home inspection. Our technicians are all thoroughly trained in IPM, so they can identify the exact species you're dealing with and select the best tools to address the problem. We also offer preventative services to protect your property all year long.